Mac pro os. Jun 16, 2020 The best Bible app for iOS is The Bible app from YouVersion. It offers a great user interface, easy (and free) access to a large number of translations in many languages, and offers a bunch of great reading plans. It also includes audio Bible support (if you prefer to listen), accessibility from. Bible free download - The Bible, Bible Pro, Tamil Bible, and many more programs.
Yes! BibleWorks can run on a Mac. There are three options for running on a Mac:
If cost is your chief concern, the native version of BibleWorks incurs almost no additional cost. The second cheapest option is to run Virtualized using VirtualBox. VirtualBox is free, but you still have to purchase a Windows license for this option.
If full compatibility is your chief concern, we recommend the Virtualized option. Parallels, VMware Fusion, and VirtualBox are all excellent products. Virtual Box is free. All three of these options require you to purchase a Windows license.
If performance is your chief concern, the Virtualized option for newer Macs (Parallels, VMware Fusion, and VirtualBox) run slightly faster than the native version in our tests.
Read below for details about the three options. Full system requirements are here. Free mac recording software.
BibleWorks performance and compatibility are only slightly lower with this option. Searching and display are fast (onlyslightly slower than the other options discussed here). Apart from buying BibleWorks, there is no additional cost for this option--no VM software, no Windows license. Installation is simpler.
Registered current BibleWorks users can install and try the BibleWorks Mac Installer at no additional cost!
The native Mac version of BibleWorks 10 runs on OS X using customized compatibility libraries (WINE) by CodeWeavers. The BibleWorks 10 Mac Installer is much improved over the BibleWorks 9 Mac Installer. It runs directly on OS X without a virtual machine or machine instruction emulation. The underlying technology uses WINE libraries. The interface is the same as the Windows version of BibleWorks so in a classroom setting with Windows and Mac users students and instructors will all have the same program interface.
On a modern Mac with an Intel processor, it is slightly slower than the virtualized options (e.g. a word search might take a 1/5 of a second instead of a 1/20 of a second) but does not require you to purchase anything extra.
The native Mac version implements the features that most of our users need (we estimate 98%), but it is a continuing work in progress. All basic functionality is present (searching, viewing Bible text and resources, copying and pasting text from BibleWorks into your word processor, etc.). There are some known limitations of the native Mac version of BibleWorks. The following lists some of the features which do not yet work in the native Mac version of BibleWorks (full list here):
BibleWorks 10 comes with the BibleWorks Mac Installer. There is no additional fee. No VM software is needed, and no Windows license is required. Click here to order it.
If your work will require full BibleWorks functionality, we recommend that you use the virtualized or dual-boot options. The support for the BibleWorks Mac Installer is limited as development is ongoing.
To install BibleWorks with the BibleWorks Mac Installer, follow these steps:
To update an existing version of the BibleWorks Mac Installer, follow these steps:
Once your installation is complete, we recommend the following:
BibleWorks performance and compatibility are very high with this option. There are no known compatibility issues with this option. Initial setup is a little more involved.
When you run a virtualized version of BibleWorks, you install a virtual machine (VM) program on your Mac and install a full version of Windows onto the VM on your Mac. This VM can then run BibleWorks and any other Windows program on your Mac.
We have tested three VM packages on the same MacBook: Parallels, VMware Fusion, and VirtualBox. Surprisingly, the virtualized solution is very fast and with Parallels and Fusion BibleWorks appears as an application in the Mac environment. Parallels and Fusion give full compatibility with BibleWorks. VirtualBox also works very well, but is not as seamlessly integrated with the OS X desktop. Virtualization is the solution we recommend if the additional cost is not a problem.
Copying and pasting text from all three VMs works well. Copying and pasting images from VirtualBox does not work as well as it does with Parallels and Fusion.
To run BibleWorks in a virtual environment you need two things:
Users running BW on a VM
For years BibleWorks has run well on a VM for many of our Mac customers.
I have wanted to switch to Mac for a long time. BibleWorks was the only thing that kept me from doing it. Finally I had to switch because I heard good things about Parallels allowing BibleWorks to run. While I don't think Parallels is the answer for everything, it most definitely works for BibleWorks. It takes a moment to load Parallels and then BibleWorks, but once you are in there is no difference in my experience. I looked at Mac based programs and nobody matches the value and functionality of BibleWorks.
Dr. Doug H.
One of the great things about the new Intel Macs is that I can run Windows programs with ease and actually share data between Mac and Windows programs. I am running BW8 using Parallels 5 and WinXP. Once the Parallels is setup and WinXP installed, BW8 installation is just like you would using a PC. I have zero issues with this set up and BW8.
For Parallels: To enable the Shift key to work properly, please read this.
VMWare Fusion BW9 Screenshots
BibleWorks performance and compatibility are very high with this option. You cannot cut and paste to other Mac applications with this option. You must purchase a Windows license.
Apple released a free program called Boot Camp in OS X Lion and Mountain Lion. When Boot Camp is installed you restart your Mac and select between running Windows or OS X. If you select Windows, your Mac becomes a PC running Windows natively. You can run any Windows program (including BibleWorks), but you will not be able to simultaneously run Mac programs while running Windows. To run Mac programs, you will need to restart your Mac and select OS X.
Boot Camp is free (included with OS X 10.5 and higher), but you will need to purchase and install Windows (we recommend Windows 7 or higher).
Best Bible Software For Mac 2018 Release
BibleWorks comes with a 30-day money-back guarantee. If you purchase BibleWorks directly from us but cannot get it to work with your virtualization software, you may return BibleWorks for a refund (shipping not included).
Our forums are a good source of information for people who want to hear from others who are running BibleWorks on Macs.
Best Bible Software For Mac 2018 Free
- I am amazed that you would give away so much forfree.
- Wished I had a lot of money to donate as I get as much or morefrom your program than all the other free ones I have and even theones I own that I have through help from others. I can put my Biblereading calendar in one of the modules and keep them updated bydeleting or adding so easy.
- .. I have all the major Bible Study [very expensive] programs –from back when I had money, as well as other free orinexpensive ones, and this is BY FAR THE BEST!Thank you for giving God’s people your best !!…the best wine last :)
- I am so glad I happened on your software after many yearsof search. As a preacher and writer, it has made life much easier.
- I am so grateful to God for the people behind theWord.Amazingly helps me in my biblical studies. God Bless thisresource for it is really a great blessing to us who seriouslydesiring to have a deep understanding of the scriptures.
- I would like to join others in complementing and thankingyou for theWord Bible Software. It's brilliant! It has acool layout with incredible customization … AlthoughI have only tried theWord recently, I would (and will)highly recommend it for all, especially those who hungerand thirst after righteousness.
- I've been using your WONDERFUL one of a kindSUPERIOR and free Bible program, theWord, for about 2years now. I can't tell you how grateful I am and how muchit continues to help me spread God's Word. One use Ifind EXCITING is the ability to highlight a Bible verseon a webpage, you know those lazy admins who don't link oruse a script to pop up the verse..but THEWORD COMES TOMY RESCUE - it senses a Bible verse has been copied intothe clipboard and UP POPS the verse instantly -for a quick miraculous reference. Wow!!!
- Best Bible Software ever! The interface is very intuitive!It helps me so much in my theological studies,especially in exegetic of the living Word of God
- My wife and I just discovered theWord -- thank you SO much foryour time and ministry there in creating and maintaining suchan incredible piece of technology to help spread the Gospel.Besides the solid product, your skill with the User Interfaceis absolutely incredible! I have to chuckle (as one that oftenreads the manual last.) as each time I'm looking for somethingnew (and expecting to find it perhaps 'missing' or hidden-as in other programs-), in theWord I find it is right whereit 'should be!', and is easy to use, and works consistently!.. Heartfelt Thanks and God's Blessings to you as you continue Hiswork!
- Your theWord is the most outstanding of all Bible softwareI came across.
- I am using other Bible software too, purchased themin X amount of dollars. But yours, theWord, is the mostoutstanding one in every way. Rich in resources,easy to use… Of all IT IS FREEEEEEEE!! What I can say!?
- I'm always touched by your EXCELLENT WORK which keepsgetting BETTER! Will you please pass on my thanks to thebenefactor who helps defray your costs and time? The worldowes both of you for offering THE WORD, whichaesthetically and functionally trumps costlier products.I always have to sit down and recover from the shockthat IT'S FREE!!!! Woh.
- I'm more than excited that I got theWord from a friend.It's so exciting using this Bible software. I've usedthree other Bible software but this one gives me a uniqueexperience and an unbeatable match compared to the othersand you know what, it's free!!! God bless you immeasurably.
- I have QuickVerse Platinum, BibleSoft, threw away eSword,almost complete library from Wordsearch, but NONE compareto theWord! it is the most versatile and feature rich programavailable. And yet, free! May GOD bless you richly, forall that you have done to promote HIS WORD.
- I've used many Bible programs over the past 15 years and amabsolutely convinced that theWord is by far the very best!
- Thank you for creating the best free Bible software ever made!I like the popup that helps beginners the first time they runthe program. The documentation is clear and up to date.And the author eagerly assists people who need help in the forums.And there's so many commentary and dictionary modules availablefor theWord now that I see users of other software makersconverting them. That's how successful theWord has becomeand I'm thankful for it.
- Amazing software. The best I have used by far! The authorof the software also goes above and beyond to assist the usersof the software through the forum.
- I've been using computer-based Bibles since around 1990.I was a huge proponent and contributor to the old 'The Online Bible'when it was still a fairly new product, and I've used manycommercial and free Bible programs, including the more recentstrong contenders. There are good programs out there.But I've got to say, no one has managed to provide theusability you have. It's a real challenge to allow one todisplay so many modules and not lose functionality or makeit very confusing. But you have excelled at this.
- I use your program daily. It provides the ability to probe thescriptures for greater depth. I tell people to get this and useit in conjunction with their scripture reading, for it gives youinstant access to tremendous resources, the kind that onemay find at university level. May God bless you for showingkindness to Him, even if you only thought it was for us.
- Thank you for providing this program. I have been looking forsomething that will allow me to delve into the Word on a deeper level,and this is it! God bless you all.
- ..for a very nicely written program, great visual design,and feature-packed bible software, I just can't believe that theWordis free!The first thing I liked about theWord is that there's no needto register it online .. and also like the way I can write and managemy personal bible studies, it so personalized and very easyto manage and access at the same time. And to mention alsothe numerous resources available, books, bibles, commentaries, etc.
theWord is indeed the best among the rest! Even better than the paidones. And I know that there 's still so many features which I can finduseful as I continue to use it.
- WOW!!! What an awesome program! Thank you SO MUCH! I haven'tbeen this excited since QuickVerse 1. Ha!
- This by far the best Bible program! It has the Greek OrthodoxChurch's Greek text and Stephanus' 1550 Greek text plusAleppo Codex for the Hebrew text. It has Gomez's Spanishtranslation. All necessary Books! Every student, pastor,missionary, apostle, Bible teacher, prophet, prophetess,evangelist, critic, etc. should be using this Bibleprogram!
- I have over the holidays had time to explore theWord in more depth.I have to say, this is one of the most impressive Bible programs I have used.I was a long time e-Sword user and because of the newer updates waslooking for another program (e-Sword is a good program no sourgrapes) and dreaded making a change. theWord is the program, the learningcurve is small, the flexibility and user control is amazing.For higher end language studies I use BibleWorks but I am impressed withwhat can be done in language studies with theWord, the new morphingsearch is top notch.
If you are looking for a Bible program thatwill meet your needs look no further theWord will provide youwith all you need and then some .. the forum is simplytop notch when help is needed. I am excited about future enhancementsthat are being made with this great program.
- This is one of the two top Bible software programs.Some programs are so 'top heavy' as to be too cumbersometo bother with. Others don't have enough resources,whilst still others have questionable content.the Word is in the category of excellent.
- I saw a write up about you and theWord software and wasimmediately impressed by the hours you have put in this ministry.The write up was in Calvary Chapel Magazine and I greatly respectthe ministry of Calvary Chapel so was excited to check outyour website and product. I have used Logos software for yearsand had just upgraded this year to a more comprehensive package atsubstantial cost. Oh how I wish I had seen this sooner!I praise God for your ministry of love to the bodyand though I have been laid off for over a year please accept thisgift and I look forward to installing the software on the laptopsfor portable use.
- What wonderful bible software!What I love so much is that the interface is pleasing to theeye with skin selections. Also everything is laid out sonicely makes the program easy to use.
theWord makes reading the bible from the computer anenjoyable experience.
- It just keeps getting better & better.I have a Bible program for which I paid several hundred dollarsthat does not have the versatility or user-friendliness oftheWord. Thanks for the hard work and giving spirit.
- I have used a number of Bible software packages in the past.theWord far surpasses any of them! It is well laid out,intuitive and easy to use, and packs a lot of information into a single window. Thank you for making this available to everyone!
- Just delighted! I own the commercial programs from several majorcompanies but find so much here that this is the first program Iopen..
- I've been using this program for quite sometime, and I must say,I love it!! Compared to all the others out there, free or notfree. Most of my friends who purchased Bible software agreethat theWord offers more study resources than the basic Biblesoftware libraries. Praise the Lord!! God bless you in yourefforts to continue to develop theWord.
- I am amazed about the features that software has. I was looking fora long a time after a free software like this and I tested a few.But this is the best.
Praise the Lord I've founded.