- Dvd Player App Mac
- Dvd App For Mac
- Mac Pro Dvd Player
- Best Dvd Player App For Mac
- Better Dvd Player App Macbook
The easiest way is to use Spotlight. Click the little Spotlight icon in the upper right corner of your Mac’s screen. Search for DVD Player, and the app’s icon will appear at the top of the Top Hits. Double click on the icon and the app will launch.
Mar 21, 2019 Top 5 best DVD player software for Mac MAC MEDIA PLAYER. Mac Media Player is one of the free DVD player software available for you to enjoy your DVD movies. A powerful high def video player works on Mac OS X 10.5 to 10.9 for V2.9.2 platforms. If you are using this program for the first time you need to select is as a default player in Mac. I recently had my Apple SuperDrive taken out by a technician. (In its place, he installed a SDD drive, which works fine.) Now, when I want to use Apple DVD Player app, using a plugged-in external DVD drive, it reports that no valid DVD drive can be found (or words to that effect). SimplyBurns a very traditional-looking DVD creator for Mac that supports burning CD/DVD media on Mac. It offers other functions like DVD ripping and 1:1 coping. This best Mac DVD maker ensures you to save the project on the hard disks by regarding them as documents. Multiple projects are able to.
Sometimes, you may need VLC alternatives because of the annoying 'Rebuilding Font Cache' thing or others. This post lists different VLC alternatives for Windows/Mac. Choose the best VLC alternative 2019 depends on your actual situation.
Quick Navigation :
Have you ever used VLC media player? This post is going to show you some excellent VLC alternatives for Windows/Linux/Mac. You can find a suitable VLC alternative 2019 to play video and audio files.
VLC is a free, open-source, portable, and cross-platform media player and streaming media server developed by the VideoLAN project. It is able to play incomplete, unfinished or damaged video, but it will drive you crazy sometimes.
For example, here is a true story.
I have been using VLC media player for a while and was pleased with it. Then I get a notice about an update, which I did. Now all I get is green lines over the movie. I have tried everything to solve the problem, installing the backup, uninstall and install, with no success. Everything worked great until this update. Does anybody have a solution to this? It is driving me crazy. Please help. Thank you.
In general, a VLC alternative can solve this problem easily. The below are some common problems you might encounter when using the VLC media player.
4 Reasons Why You Need a VLC Alternative
1. VLC is unable to play broken files.
Generally, VLC media player can play unfinished or damaged video. But, sometimes, it cannot play video file and tells you that the file is damaged. Actually, this file is just being downloaded.
2. VLC doesn’t support a few codes and file types.
VLC supports a lot of video and audio codes and formats, but it requires codec settings for a few formats. For many common people, it is a difficult job.
3. VLC crashes without warning.
Sometimes, VLC media player suddenly crashes when you watch some normal files, try to insert subtitle or make it full screen.
4. VLC media player will damage the speakers!
If you are using VLC media player and keep the volume loud for a long time, your speakers could be damaged. Sadly, some manufacturers like Dell say replacing the speakers will not be covered by the hardware warranty. Therefore, please keep the volume down while using VLC.
Now, it is time to look for VLC alternatives to play your video or audio files. No matter you have come across these problems or not, it is a good idea to prepare a suitable alternative to VLC.
You will find many people are searching for VLC alternatives on the Internet. Here, we list different alternatives to VLC media player for Windows/Mac/Linux. Read on and find out which one suits you best.
Part 1. VLC Alternatives 2019 for Windows
VLC is a free video editing software, you might need to look for a VLC alternative because of the unfriendly UI, “Rebuilding Font Cache” thing and other problems. Now, try the following alternatives to VLC media player for Windows.
No 1. Windows Movie Maker
There is no doubt that many people have probably heard of Windows Movie Maker, a video editing tool developed by Microsoft. It not only allows you to watch video, but also lets you edit this video simply, for instance, add text to video.
Related article: How to Add Text to Video in Windows Movie Maker (Step-by-Step Guide).
Now, some users might want to know where to get this tool since it was officially discontinued on January 10, 2017. Fortunately, you can get this Microsoft video editing tool by clicking the following button.
- It supports playing videos as well as pictures.
- It can edit your videos simply.
- It is able to share your videos on YouTube, Facebook, etc.
Related article: How to Use Movie Maker Step-by-step Guide for Beginners.
- Microsoft does not support it now.
- It cannot play music alone.
No 2. 5KPlayer
5KPlayer is a mixture of free (MKV) HD video player and music player. This real media player is compatible with Windows as well as Mac OS X. If your VLC crashes suddenly, you can try this alternative.
- It supports a lot of video formats, including MKV, M2TS, MPEG1/2, WMV/ASF, AVI, MOV, RM, OGV, FLV, MP4, H.264, M4V, WEBM.
- It can play 4K UHD videos without any glitches.
- It is able to play 1080p or 1080i high-definition videos under 10% CPU cost.
- It can play MP3 AAC APE FLAC music perfectly to activate your senses.
- It can download online videos from YouTube, Facebook, Vimeo, etc.
This alternative to VLC media player for Windows might be confusing for beginners.
No 3. Windows Media Player
Windows media player is another VLC alternative. It allows you to play video and audio files. Besides, it allows previewing images on personal computers running the Microsoft Windows operating system, as well as on Pocket PC and Windows Mobile-based devices.
- It provides a less cluttered user interface.
- It offers a better music library.
- It supports network sharing.
- It can access to online music services.
- It cannot handle 4K, 3D and 360-degree video.
- It doesn’t support for VR headsets.
No 4. Photos App
If you are running Windows 10, you have another great VLC alternative 2019 – Photo app. This Windows 10 hidden media player not only can play video but also can play images. Besides, it can help to trim video.
Related Article: How to Cut Video Easily and Quickly (The Definitive Guide).
- It can play videos quickly.
- It has a simple, touch-friendly interface.
- It also supports browsing photo, and is able to create albums automatically.
- It has cool video editing effects.
- It cannot tag faces.
- It doesn’t support panorama stitching and selective focus.
No 5. KMPlayer
KM player can play video as well as audio in Windows. This alternative to VLC supports almost any format that Windows can play including AVI, ASF, WMV, AVS, FLV, MKV, and many more. With the VLC alternative, you can slow down or increase playback speed, select parts of a video as favorites.
Dvd Player App Mac
- It supports many audio and video formats.
- It supports 3D and VR and setting related to that.
- It has extensive subtitle management.
- It can capture audio and video.
Open and edit your Mac files from the new window or access them direct from Windows Explorer or your favorite software. MacDrive has built a reputation on blazing quick read/write speeds and unparalleled data security. MacDrive 10 extends the lead with even faster access and more protection for your Mac disks and files. Apr 28, 2016 To use HFSExplorer, connect your Mac-formatted drive to your Windows PC and launch HFSExplorer. Click the “File” menu and select “Load File System From Device.”. It will automatically locate the connected drive, and you can load it. You’ll see the contents of. External hard drive mac to windows.
Advertisement (There are no hidden or misleading clauses while installing, but we will be asked whether we want to install Avast Antivirus after installing.)
After learning these different VLC alternatives for Windows, you can take a look of the below wonderful video tool.
No 6. MiniTool Movie Maker
MiniTool Movie Maker, free and simple video tool, lets you review videos, and pictures. Besides, it also lets you create videos and slideshow easily and quickly. For instance, I usually use this simple and free tool to create Facebook Slideshow.
- It supports a lot of video format including WMV, MP4, AVI, MOV, F4V, MKV, GIF, MP3, and so on.
- It offers wizard-like interfaces. This tool can help you create a movie without requiring professional knowledge and skill.
- It offers movie as well as trailer templates. You are able to easily create cool movies or Hollywood-style movie trailers.
- It allows you to make video with pictures easily and quickly.
- It offers some filters to help you change the color, style, or tone in minutes.
- It offers plenty of useful transition effects to make the presentation, slideshow or movie good looking and impressive.
- It not only can split large video into small parts but also can trim video to remove the unwanted frames from the start or end of a clip. More details can be found in How to Trim Video Easily (Step-by-Step Guide with Pictures).
It only supports Windows OSs, now.
Part 2. VLC Alternative Mac
Mac users can try the following alternatives when the VLC media player isn’t working.
No 1. QuickTime Player
QuickTime player, the best VLC alternative Mac, is the most familiar media players for Mac users. As the default movie player as Mac, QuickTime player is capable of supporting various formats of videos, music, images, and other media files.
- QuickTime player enables you to set playback from 1/2x to 3x the normal speed.
- This alternative to VLC is capable of watching videos from hard drive and internet.
- This VLC alternative Mac allows you to screen recording your Mac, edit movies and extract audio from a video. However, you need to purchase the QuickTime Pro license key to unlock the recording, editing and extracting features.
No 2. MPlayerX Media Player
MPlayerX, a free and open source media player, is another VLC alternative.
- It can handle any media format in the world without extra plug-ins or codec packages as it is armed by FFmpeg and MPlayer.
- It provides you the easiest way to control the playback as it will follow your gestures.
- It can automatically and seamlessly detect and convert the encoding method of the subtitle file.
No 3. Movist
Movist, a free, simple yet powerful player for Mac, supports QuickTime, FFmpeg as well as subtitles.
- It is easy to use.
- It owns a beautiful and convenient user interface.
- It is available to adjust aspect ratios and configure keyboard shortcuts.
Unfortunately, this VLC alternative Mac doesn't support Apple remote.
Part 3. VLC Alternative Linux
Let’s start with a true example from my best friend.
I've used VLC in Linux for years. But lately, it's been choking and dying for no discernible reasons and attempts to troubleshoot have failed. Are there any other comparable alternatives for media players out there at the moment?
Now, my friend can try the following VLC alternative Linux.
Dvd App For Mac
No 1. Bomi Player
The best VLC alternative Linux, Bomi player (known as CM Player), works well on Linux and provides GUI features.
- This easy-to-use VLC alternative Linux provides some powerful features which you will find in the context menu.
- It supports audio file and subtitle at all.
- It allows browsing your old playlist because it generally saves all your playback record.
No 2. SMPlayer
SMPlayer supports for all the default formats as like as other media players.
- This VLC alternative Linux allows you to play YouTube video directly from this player because of its built-in codec.
- This VLC alternative 2019 loads the subtitle of a movie from the internet. And, it saves your all settings when you play video.
- This alternative to VLC is fully resume supported video player.
The above video editing tools are good alternatives to VLC media player. You can choose a suitable one to play your videos.
Which VLC alternatives do you like to choose? Let us know by leaving comments.
Should you have any other good suggestions about VLC alternatives, please share them with us. Thanks in advance!
VLC Alternatives FAQ
- Media Player Classic – Home Cinema
- ACG Player
- GOM Media Player
- DivX Player
- VLC Player
- Media Player Classic – Home Cinema
'What is the best free DVD player software for Windows 10? I just upgraded my computer to Windows 10 and the DVD Make has gone. The default free DVD playback software of Microsoft doesn’t appear any more. I need a free DVD playing software to play and view DVD disc on Windows 10.'
Mac Pro Dvd Player
Since Windows 8, Microsoft hasn’t included DVD player support. Therefore, if you want to play DVD on Windows 10, 8 and 8.1, you need to turn to 3rd-party DVD player software. This tutorial will show you 5 best free DVD player software.
Part 1: 5 Best Free DVD Player Software
No.1 Best Free DVD Player Software – Leawo Free DVD Player
As an all-inclusive media player combo, Leawo Free DVD Player, officially known as Blu-ray Player that’s downwards compatible with DVD disc playback, features region free Blu-ray player, free DVD player, free 4K video palyer, free audio player and free ISO player. As a region free DVD player software, Leawo Free DVD Player is able to play both commercial and noncommercial DVD discs, and DVD discs in all regions from 0 to 6. You could play any DVD disc with this free DVD playback software. It runs on Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8, 8.1 and 10.
No.2 Best Free DVD Player Software – VLC Media Player
Undoubtedly, VLC Media Player is the most famous one among these three DVD players for Windows 10. It supports a wide range of Windows operating systems, and already has a basic Windows 10 support. As powerful as 5KPlayer, it is able to play DVD discs, DVD folders as well as ISO files. You can set it to automatically play DVDs when a DVD is inserted by choosing the “Play DVD movie VideoLAN VLC media player” option. However, we also find that many VLC DVD playback errors on Windows 10/8/7 are posted in the internet
No.3 Best Free DVD Player Software – KMPlayer
KMPlayer is a lightweight audio and video player for Windows that supports a wide range of different file formats, including AVI, ASF, WMV, AVS, FLV, MKV, and many more. KMPlayer has a small desktop footprint and its minimalist interface makes video playback quick and hassle-free. The player’s interface is fully skinable, and there are some nice aesthetic touches, such as the changing of colour on the player with every new track, amnd the ability to automatically import album art.
This app is available for free with no advertising or restrictions.For those users who need to track multiple time zones for business or personal reasons, World Clock for Mac functions well for this limited purpose, despite the lack of additional features. Full Specifications What's new in version 8.0World Clock now allows users to change from 12-hour to 24-hour (military time) format. World Clock is perhaps the most simple and efficient World Clock on the Internet, with features not seen in any other World Clock, but we plan to do much more.World Clock features:Interactive World Map with Drag n' Drop Functionality; Time Zones Database; City Markers; Country Flags; Full Time/Date; Time Zone Panel (8 Horizontal Time Zone Windows); Control Panel; Settings; Zoom In/Out; Solar Terminator; Embed Tag.World Clock is a free, portable application for Mac, but you can visit our web site and download the version for PC. There is also the option of changing the colors and overall appearance of the map, which is a welcome feature. Different time zones app for mac. The purpose of the World Clock is to simplify the life of those that need to check the current time and date of any time zone in the world.World Clock is complete, however we will add more features as time goes.
No. 4 Best Free DVD Player Software – RealPlayer
RealPlayer is the ultimate media player for users how love downloading and watching videos. The new RealPlayer is the best way to find all the hottest and most user-relevant video content on the web, and the ideal tool for the consumer who wants web video entertainment, but doesn’t want to sift through thousands of videos to find it.
Users can browse videos based on channels like sports, entertainment and news, or just keep their eyes glued to the 'New and Popular' section if they want to see the most popular trending videos and stay a step ahead of their friends. Best of all, once users find the videos they love, they can use the great tools and utilities already within RealPlayer to download, convert, bookmark for later or share them with friends.
No.5 Best Free DVD Player Software – GOM Player
GOM Player can generally handle a plenty of DVD discs on Windows 10 system by supporting DVD playback. However, there are chances that you encounter DVD won’t play and playback problems using GOM. FFDSHOW codec/filter/DVD drive’s region code settings might be the incentives. You can solve those problems easily under the guidance of GOMLAB. The other highlight/novelty of this player is its newly added 360 VR video playback ability, which allows you to watch trendy videos 360 degrees around.
Part 2: The Best Choice – Leawo Free DVD Player
If you’re looking for the best choice, Leawo Free DVD Player is without doubt your first one. Far more than a simple DVD playing software app, Leawo Free DVD Player could act as:
Best Dvd Player App For Mac
- Region-free Blu-ray player software: as a totally free Blu-ray player software item to play Blu-ray content, be it disc, folder or ISO image file, without quality loss and region restriction. It could play back commercial and noncommercial Blu-ray discs released by all movie studios.
- HD video player to play back even 4K videos without quality loss. It could play 4K video, 1080P video, 720P video and general video files. Supports most video formats like MP4, AVI, MKV, MPEG, WMV, MTS, MOV, FLV, etc.
- Free audio player to play any audio files in MP3, AAC, FLAC, OGG, etc., be your audio files music, streaming audio, online audio, etc.
- Free ISO image file to play back Blu-ray/DVD ISO image file for totally free.
- Support advanced audio decoding technologies like Dolby, DTS, AAC, TrueHD, DTS-HD (including 5.1, 7.1 channels), etc.